About Me

Hello muskrat enthusiasts!

My name is Brittany Harried and I am a freshman currently attending University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. I am majoring in Biology with a Biomedical Concentration and Pre-Medecine and minoring in Chemistry and Nutrition. I have two siblings, Amanda and Daniel, and I am originally from New Glarus, WI. In high school I loved being active and being outside! I grew up on a small farm, so I have been passionate about animals and the outdoors for my whole life! From exploring in our woods when I was little to going on walks through Myrick Marsh here in La Crosse, I am always looking for a chance to find something new and learn about it-even if it means that I have to dip my toes in the water or get dirty!

My first semester I took the General Biology course and one day in lab we walked to the marsh and observed some of the wildlife living only a few blocks from campus. Ever since then, I regularly take walks through the marsh and can usually convince a friend or two to tag along with me! One day we spotted a muskrat swimming through the marsh and we were so excited because we had never seen one before. Then during second semester, we were presented with a project to research an organism and make a webpage on it. I decided to research the common muskrat because I wanted to choose an organism that I would be able to take photos of myself and also be able to observe them instead of just learning about them on paper. I love taking photos of anything and everything so that was an important aspect for me! You can check out my Photo Gallery to see the photos and videos that I took this spring in Myrick Marsh!

I would like to thank the various websites and photographers that generously allowed me to use their photos on my webpage. I would also like to thank the students working in the ITS lab on campus for helping me build my webpage and showing me how to use the program! Finally, I would like to thank Dr. Sandland for giving me the opportunity to make this webpage—I was nervous about the assignment at first, but it has been a lot of fun to be able to chose an organism I wanted, research it, and be able to make a webpage on it! I would not have been able to make this webpage without all of your help, thank you!

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about my webpage please feel free to email me at: harried.brit@students.uwlax.edu   
Also if you would like to learn about other organisms living in La Crosse you can visit my classmates’ projects at multipleorganisms.net  
Thank you for checking out my webpage, enjoy!